Friday, April 3, 2009

Red Wing On Friday

P1030306 Who knew it’d be that nice on Friday? (Well I did, but nobody believed me.) When we – Pamela, A2, Lisa and I - got there at about noon, though, it was a little chilly. So we wanted to stay in the sun. So Pamela, being very bold, offered to lead “Jump Start.” This is the first time she’s been to Red Wing so it was impressive for her to ‘Jump’ right into a fairly hard climb like that.

We met Scott who climbed with us when Ron showed up. Here’s Ron leading “Pigeon Paranoia.” Also led by A2. Scott was our P1030340rope gun leading several climbs like “Suicide Squeeze and “Urban Chunks” so we could top rope. I led a couple – “New Kids on the Rock” and “Urban Chunks” – but my knee is bad so mostly I belayed.

Lisa and Pamela also hiked to the top of Barn Bluff and walked every trail except one. They reported that they could see stuff from the top.  I never even knew there was a top. Every day, I learn more stuff.   Nora showed up later, climbed once, and decided kayaking was more fun today. So she and A2 went to the “Verm” after climbing. More photos here.

P1030338 P1030336

No comments: