Saturday, September 27, 2008

Local News... That I Know About

Last Sunday Mel-lo, A1 and Sunbeam headed down to Redwing. Sunbeam was timid, Mel-lo climbed like a champ and Aaron mixed it up with those 3 fat chicks he is always after and discovered that Way Knarly dudes is half trad... the hard way. We had a good enough time to head into the coming week with our heads high.

Tuesday, Jake bought a VE membership so we should be seeing him around more. Eric is in Estes Park, so we see him less.

Wednesday, Mel-lo and Sunbeam recruited a new member of the WR team. Tamara doesn't know about the blog and related responsibilties yet. She is a natural athlete and I think she'll get good, fast.

Thursday, I climbed with Aaron and he pushed me, like he does until I was exhausted. He was burning up all the leads out of the pit. When I said, "enough. I want to climb the long 5.7" he said, "fine, do it with your eyes shut". I did. It was very fun and I learned a lot! First of all, you can very clearly follow a 5.7 with your eyes closed. You know how they feel. Secondly, I could tell when I got near the ceiling because the whole room sounded different. It was pretty cool. I recommend trying it!

As summer is gone and fall is the long downhill slide to bad climbing weather. We will need to think up ways to keep the indoor interesting. One arm dynos can be fun too. Here is a link to other fun climbing exercises but it's not winter yet. If you want to go to RW tomorow Johnny Mac was talking about it. Call me if you need his number.

No comments: