Monday, September 22, 2008

Encouraging Your Friends in Foreign Tongues

It all started when Mike asked me what I thought "Alle et twaar" meant. We all I know is, that is the frenchy talk. Do I know French? Well, no. Why he needed to know this while in Japan? I didn't ask. So Carl and I commenced to research it. I thought maybe someone wanted to buy him a beer at three o'clock or maybe to go up. Then he added a little context.

"heard it on a video with Dave Graham as he described the route “Girl Talk” that he FAed in Rifle. The videos at: http://www.momentumvm.com/ super cool site with high end videos"

It IS a super cool site.

I’ve heard Aller Aller Aller before (silent r's) it means go! go! go!

In Japan they yell “Gamba Gamba Gamba“ which can also mean go go go or do it or stick it or fight fight fight….
on the video the speaker is not sure if ther is an english would for it but this is what my spouse and I came up with, after MUCH research:

aller etroit
it means "go to narrow" does that make sense? Maybe "go tight" Watch the video, tell me what you think. Anyone know French? Em?

No comments: