Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ice Climbing As Life Changing

If you’re bi-polar, maybe ice climbing appeals to you more.

(Of course, there were several bi polar explorers like Roald Amundsen – the first person to reach both the North and South Poles. So he is truly bi-polar.)

This woman describes why she is more attracted to ice climbing because of her disorder.

The strongest relationship in my life has been with what I can only refer to as the conscious universe. Imagine feeling the earth’s pain, getting messages from the stars, or having a conversation with the moon. These things can happen, but only if you can let go of what you have been programmed to think of as impossible…

I found the world of ice climbing populated with others who were more or less just like me. They wanted more from

everyday reality, and they were willing to endure discomfort and risk in order to get it. In discovering ice climbing, I found a tribe of people that I could connect with, even if it was simply to share my joy and passion for an activity that was altering the way I looked at myself and the world.”

No comments: