Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ice Report

John AKA Stretch and I were the only two up for some ice today. We first went to Homer's and I started setting up my anchor with all the new purchases I got the night before. John called me over before I was finished and said I needed to look at this. The climb had turned a very filthy muddy brown! Yuk! Nothing I'd put my rope on so we headed to the Brickyards. We spent about four hours down there. Moved our anchors once to get a different perspective. John usually climbs Ivy Falls which is nearby. I think the next time out that way Ivy would be a good alternative. A very good day!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

John of Meisville? or a different john?

Nora Whitmore said...

It's a different John. He's a kayaker I know. I'm really interested in seeing and doing Ivy Falls...have you been there?