Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goals for 2009- I double dog dare you...

to declare them online. I know you fellas may find it hard to believe but I can't do a pull up, not one. Only my closest friends know. Mel say girls can't do them, so I should relax. My boys didn't believe me, they do now.
My goal for 2009 is to do 3 pull ups. This website on the subject is informative and humorous. I will have victory! I have resources to guide me and friends to encourage me.

Here is a taste...

mistressing the pullup

Pullups are a cool exercise. They look tuff, they feel butch, they're low-tech, and they are one of the best exercises for all-round upper body strength. Not only are your back, biceps, forearms, and shoulders involved, but you may also feel them in your abs. (Gawd, my abs were sore for a week after my first attempt at pullups... felt like I'd pulled my ribcage out through my nostrils)

Pullups are also darn hard for the average woman to do. Most untrained females who are older than 10 and heavier than 50 lbs can't do them. The good news, though, is that most trained women CAN do them. It just takes practice, patience, and time. So, if you've always wanted to do a pullup, or you have to do a few to pass a military or police fitness test, this article is for you!

No comments: