Sunday, March 18, 2012

Expand Your Attention

Warrior's Way author talks about keeping your attention on processes not fears. Focus on your movement, your breathing, not the fact you’re hanging upside down just about to fall. Sounds like a good idea, only problem is you need to practice hanging upside down in order to get good at it. I liked this quote:

“Finally, having a coach that isn’t stressed, such as my belayer, can help. She can remind me to stay open to possibilities, to breathe, relax, and “make the next move.” Her coaching can help me notice when my attention contracts my thinking and actions. I notice my doubts more easily and redirect my attention to possibilities. I notice my body tense and redirect my attention to relaxing, breathing, and making the next move.”

No comments: