Ron, Pete, Greg and I got back from the Black Hills on Saturday. We climbed with Scott for a couple of days and saw some new areas – for us – like Calamity Ridge near Custer.
Some things I learned this trip:
- When you go climbing with peeps half your age, you get tired. (Of course, I can’t go climbing with people twice my age; they are all DTADN; Deader Than A Door Nail)
- 140 feet of climbing with 2-3 pieces of pro, seems like a long way up there
- When it’s late May, it’s still cold in the Black Hills
- There will be no more trees in the Black Hills in a couple of years
- They have way too many rocks out there; they should ship some over to MN. They wouldn’t even miss a couple of 100’ pinnacles. And we sorely need them.
Some of my favorite photos of the group: