Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do I need this?

I don't think I need one of these, but I might!

The Gear Junkie: The Sqivvy
By STEPHEN REGENOLD

It looks like an outhouse made of nylon. Or else it’s a strange tent for tall people. But the Sqivvy, a new shelter product from Logan, Utah, isn’t a tent at all. You can’t comfortably sleep in it. Pop it open and stake it out, and you’ll notice an oversight rendering the shelter all but obsolete for camping: There is no roof.

The Sqivvy, which costs $89.95 and is sold at www.sqivvy.com, is marketed as a “portable pop-up privacy shelter.” Its genesis was with a trail runner who needed to change clothes in a public place. He was sick of pulling on shorts while hiding in his car. “I had a eureka moment,” said Paul Vaslet, company founder. Here is the rest of the review

No comments: