Monday, October 20, 2008

Julianne checks in with Boulder Comp Results


It was fun but advanced climbs were super hard!!! I came in third out of four women in advanced -- but two of us only completed one advanced problem, one gal (Jess, who came in first) finally completed a second advanced climb right before the end of the comp after about 12 attempts, and we all ended up moving to the intermediate climbs so we could at least climb something! =)
We discovered we're all smack dab in the middle of intermediate and advanced categories. We could flash the hardest intermediate problems but then could hardly do any of the advanced probs! A little frustrating. I think it was hard for the route setters to keep the advanced probs hard but not in the "open" category! A think I will be able to eventually do at least 4 of the other advanced probs though. After the comp, Trinh and I climbed for another hour and discovered that A10 -- which should have been the HARDEST of the advanced, is actually do-able. I got to two moves from the end on my first attempt! The last two moves, OF COURSE, are huge reaches (aka dynos for me) moving off slopers. Gotta love it!

No comments: